Meet Dr. Andrea Zengion
What is it like to work with me?
I practice naturopathic and traditional Chinese medicine and am skilled at combining different modalities to create safe, natural, individualized treatments for the issues that concern you.
During your visit with me, you will be heard. I take the time to listen to you, to hear your concerns, and to get to know you as a whole person, not just a collection of symptoms. As a doctor, I see myself as a guide, a partner, and most of all, as a teacher. I am committed to helping my patients understand their symptoms, their labs, their bodies, and most of all, that they have the power to change their own lives and their own health.
Preconception: One of the best gifts you can give your child is a happy, healthy parent. I provide preconception care to help you manage stress, maximizing your nutritional status, detoxify, and improve your body's balance to help you create the healthiest environment for your baby to grow, and to help you prepare for parenthood.
Pregnancy: During your pregnancy, I offer holistic support, rounding out the care you receive from your obstetrician or midwife. I have helped many moms to address symptoms that are often considered to be an inevitable part of pregnancy. After you have your baby, I am here to support you in the postpartum period, including breastfeeding, recovery, and taking care of yourself in your first months as a new mother.
Women's Health: I offer routine GYN exams, assistance with hormone balancing, and a variety of cycle issues such as menstrual pain, abnormal or heavy bleeding, absent periods, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), endometriosis, and menopause.
Digestive Health: A foundation of my work as a naturopathic doctor is in helping you to be as nourished as possible from the food you eat, and to discover the diet that best supports your body. My approach to nutrition combines state-of-the art lab testing with a common-sense approach to food and diet.
Sinusitis: One of the best things I learned in naturopathic school was a set of techniques that has helped many patients to escape the cycle of acute and chronic sinus infections. If sinus infections are a problem for you, I have some solutions to consider.
LGBT Health: Providing natural care that is cognizant of and addresses the unique health needs of LGBT individuals is a passion of mine. I provide sensitive, compassionate care, including support for people during gender transition.
Credentials, Memberships and Experience
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, 2007
- Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Bastyr University, 2007
- Residency, Naturopathic Doctor and Licensed Acupuncturist, San Francisco Natural Medicine, 2010
- Licensed Naturopathic Doctor, California
- Licensed Acupuncturist, California
- Bachelor of Science (joint degree in biology and women’s studies), MIT, 1999
- Current faculty at the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Guest lecturer at UCSF, San Francisco State, San Francisco General Hospital
- Educator at Natural Resources
- Advanced training in Chinese Medical Obstetrics
- Labor and Birth Doula, trained at Seattle Midwifery School, 2004
- Volunteer Birth Doula, San Francisco General Hospital
- Member, California Naturopathic Doctors Association
- Physician Member, Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
- Member, Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
|SAN FRANCISCO NATURAL MEDICINE
formerly: SOMA Acupuncture & Natural Health Clinic
Carl Hangee-Bauer, ND, LAc
Erika Horowitz, ND • Andrea Zengion, ND, LAc • Natalie Metz, ND
1615 20th St • San Francisco CA 94107 • 415-643-6600
Naturopathic Medicine • Acupuncture • Herbal Medicine • Supplements
Nutrition • Women's Health • Bioidentical Hormones
Smoking Cessation • IV Nutrient Therapy • Detoxification
Please visit our other sites! www.sffatiguerelief.com | www.sfibsrelief.com