Meet Dr. Carl Hangee-Bauer
Areas of Expertise
I have a general medical practice and treat a wide range of health conditions. Here are a few of the more common conditions I see in my practice:
- Acute and chronic pain and injury
- Immune system problems such as allergy and asthma, frequent or chronic viral infections, and cancer support
- Digestive problems such as IBS
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Chronic inflammatory disorders such as arthritis
- Fatigue and insomnia
About My Practice
Dr. Hangee-Bauer is one of the NICEST doctors I have ever met, and trust me, I have seen many in my days.
Are you seeking a doctor who will...
- listen to you?
- know how to balance natural treatments with medications?
- partner with you, educate you, and guide you to better health and vitality?
These are my goals as I work with you.
In over 25 years of clinical practice, I have helped thousands of people find better health and new strategies to effectively meet their health goals. With a thorough history and appropriate tests, I will develop a treatment plan to help you meet your goals, reduce your symptoms, manage your chronic health problems and improve your vitality.
My practice focuses on using the best that nature has to offer including lifestyle changes, diet and nutrition, and stress reduction supported by acupuncture, herbal medicine, IV nutrient therapy and therapeutic use of nutrients.
Your Journey to Wellness
All of us want to enjoy good health.
We want to have good energy and vitality, sleep well, have a strong immune system, and feel balanced physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Unfortunately injuries, chronic health conditions, poor health habits, aging, illnesses and other causes lead us into disease and imbalance.
We seek medical care, sometimes resorting to heroic therapies in an attempt to restore our health. We read books or surf the Internet looking for answers, but sometimes we need individualized guidance to find the most appropriate solutions to address our health challenges.
My studies and years of clinical experience have taught me that all of us can improve our health with simple, non-invasive and safe alternatives.
If you need to be on medications to manage a chronic problem, I will help you find supportive strategies so you can keep your meds and other interventions to a minimum. If you have symptoms that are more amenable to management with diet and lifestyle alone, I will help you find that path. And if you want to improve and monitor your overall health, looking ahead to support healthy aging, I will guide you, educate you and help you develop your plan.
I believe that naturopathic medicine is common sense medicine. It is about finding our balance in a world out of balance. My goal is to help you find your path so you can lead a healthful and balanced life.
Education & Training:
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, Seattle, Washington, 1984
- Resident Physician, Bastyr University, 1984-85
- Graduate, San Francisco College of Acupuncture, San Francisco, 1988
- California Naturopathic License ND 2
- California Acupuncture License AC 3595
- California Acupuncturist Qualified Medical Examiner (QME)
Memberships and Additional Experience
Meet the Doctors Page
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Board Member; President 2010-2011
- California Naturopathic Doctors Association, Founding Member and Past President
- California State Oriental Medicine Association, Jade Circle Member
- American Association of Oriental Medicine
- Certified AcuQuit™ Smoking Cessation Practitioner
- Certified Biopuncture Practitioner
- Expert in acupuncture sports medicine
|SAN FRANCISCO NATURAL MEDICINE
formerly: SOMA Acupuncture & Natural Health Clinic
Carl Hangee-Bauer, ND, LAc
Erika Horowitz, ND • Natalie Metz, ND
Jacqueline Blakely, ND, LAc • Nafysa Parpia, ND • Stephen Meeneghan, ND, LAc
1615 20th St • San Francisco CA 94107 • 415-643-6600
Naturopathic Medicine • Acupuncture • Herbal Medicine • Supplements
Nutrition • Women's Health • Bioidentical Hormones
Smoking Cessation • IV Nutrient Therapy • Detoxification
Please visit our other sites! www.sffatiguerelief.com | www.sfibsrelief.com