What are the benefits of B12?
B12 Happy Hour
Get YOUR natural energy boost
Wednesdays 3:00 - 5:00
No apppointment necessary
"Up to 40% of the population has a vitamin B deficiency"
B12 Happy Hour Featured on KTVU News, July 2012
Dr. Natalie Metz is interviewed about the health affects of vitamin B12 injections during one of our Wednesday happy hours. A couple talks about B12 injections improving his dementia.
Watch the KTVU video on YouTube
B12 is an essential vitamin used in the almost all methylation pathways in the body. This makes it good for brain health, immune support, nerve health, and energy. Vitamin B12 is present in meat products, egg yolks, shellfish and milk. B12 can be depleted by stress, alcohol, smoking, digestive issues, cardiovascular disease and illness. It is also an important nutrient for vegans and vegetarians who do not get it in their diet. There is also less absorption of B12 as people age due to reduced stomach acids.
B12 can be used to treat:
- Some types of anemia
- Nervous system disorders
- Nerve health
- Support detoxification
- Mental clarity
- Irritability and Depression
Are any other B vitamins important?
B1 or Thiamine:
- Function: Used in cellular energy production and DNA production
- Sources: Rice bran, grain products, nutritional yeast, wheat germ and legumes
- Deficiency signs: Loss of appetite, constipation, depression, fatigue, irritability
B2 or Riboflavin:
- Function: Helps in the breakdown of food, respiration and cell energy production
- Sources: Meat and dairy products, nutritional yeasts, green leafy vegetables
- Deficiency Signs: Depression, dizziness, burning lips, itchy eyes, changes in vision
B3 or Niacin
- Function: Turning fats, proteins and carbohydrates into nutrients
- Sources: Meat, legumes, potatoes
- Deficiency Signs: No appetite, muscle fatigue, irritability, depression, insomnia, and anxiety
B5 or Pantethenic Acid
- Function: Energy production, synthesizing fats, cholesterol, and hormones
- Sources: Meats, whole grains, vegetables, seeds, legumes, nuts
- Deficiency Signs: Fatigue, depression, burning feet, dermatitis, pain in the arms and legs, nausea, depression, hair loss
B6 or Pyroxidine
- Function: Metabolizes proteins for a healthy immune system, nerves, bones, and arteries
- Sources: Potatoes, wheat germ, legumes, meats, bananas
- Deficiency Signs: Neuropathy, weakness, irritability, depression, insomnia and anxiety
The B vitamins are involved in all of the energy production pathways in the body. The body uses them to maintain nerve health, hormone balance, adaptation to stress, and immune support. B vitamins can be deficient for similar reasons as B12, including digestive issues, illness, stress, et cetera. B vitamins are beneficial for people who have allergies, PMS, depression, skin disorders, high stress, and neuropathy.
Why do I need an injection; shouldn't I get everything I need from food?
Many of our nutrients are hard to extract if digestion is less than optimal. Decreased sleep, increased stress, eating on the run, food sensitivities and inflammation can all alter the availability of the nutrients. Also, these vitamins become quickly depleted under mental or physical stress, toxicity, and poor diet.
Is there anything else available?
MIC: Methionine, Inositol, and Choline
These amino acids support brain function and the synthesis of neurotransmitters, amino acids and glutathione (used in detoxification pathways in the body). This blend is effective for the treatment of mood disorders, enhances the body's ability to detoxify, particularly preventing excess fat build-up in the liver, leading to lower cholesterol levels.
Which combination is right for me?
If you are unsure of which is right for you, consult with one of our doctors to review your options for ingredients, frequency, and benefits.
|SAN FRANCISCO NATURAL MEDICINE
formerly: SOMA Acupuncture & Natural Health Clinic
Carl Hangee-Bauer, ND, LAc
Erika Horowitz, ND • Andrea Zengion, ND, LAc • Natalie Metz, ND
1615 20th St • San Francisco CA 94107 • 415-643-6600
Naturopathic Medicine • Acupuncture • Herbal Medicine • Supplements
Nutrition • Women's Health • Breast Thermography
Smoking Cessation • IV Nutrient Therapy • Bioidentical Hormones • Detoxification
Please visit our other sites! www.sffatiguerelief.com | www.sfibsrelief.com